Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekly Dig: Buying the Farm

In the midst of my book-writing frenzy, I had to stop and take the time to write about community-supported agriculture. Early spring is the time to sign up for a share with a local farm, and one has to act fast before they sell out. Under the typical CSA system, folks can support a farm and receive a year's supply of produce for a few hundred dollars. Pretty cool. Unfortunately, I did not have the capital on hand to throw down for a CSA myself, nor did I have the guaranteed transportation or time that I would likely need to pick it up from the drop-off location near me every week. But I hope to have a CSA share in the future (as well as a few of my own chickens, but that's more of a long-term goal).

[The full story is here.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home