Friday, October 03, 2008

TRAVEL BOOK IS OUT!

Hooray!

Last night as we prepared to watch the Palin/Biden debate, the b.f. came into the kitchen and dropped a very exotic-looking envelope on the counter for me. Inside was the new copy of the Insight Guides' Boston SmartGuide, which I compiled earlier this year!



And by compiled, I mean slaved over for three feverish months on nights and weekends. To create the SmartGuide, I adapted some of Insight's older copy on Boston, did a lot of new research, and wrote pages and pages of new copy, including dozens of new restaurants (natch), new music venues, new museums and a guide to the environmental issues facing New England (although for that segment I was able to lean heavily on the expertise of the Conservation Law Foundation and am so grateful for their help). Apparently, Europeans (the main audience for the Insight series) really care about their carbon footprints, et. al. when traveling - which of course is awesome.

The book will not be on shelves until December, but you can pre-order it on Amazon, if you are so inclined. In fact, I promise that if you purchase this book and later have any questions (or just need a good restaurant recommend), you can comment here and I will do my best to respond personally. (Just don't ask me for, say, the year during which the Old State House was built, because I've already forgotten it. Sigh.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ooh! congratulations.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ryan Rose said...

thank you!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home