Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And now I'm back!



Hello there,

This blog went on hiatus while I went to South Korea for a year. It seems like this time just flew by. So much has changed -- but in the meantime, this web address has stayed on the business cards I've been handing out throughout my travels.

So, for those of you who are showing up here and scratching your heads about who this strange Ryan Rose Weaver person is (and where she is, for that matter), some clarification seems necessary.

First, I'd like to first direct you to this post on my Speaking Konglish blog, which describes what I did in Korea from July 2010-July 2011.

Next, an update: I've since made the big leap back to the United States, no easy feat for an ex-pat abroad. (It may come as a surprise to some that it is much easier to find a way to go away than it is to find a way to return.) For now, I am traveling around the United States, visiting family members, taking on freelance, and doing research for various future projects. After completing an itinerary that will take me through the Catskills, Salt Lake City, Idaho's Salmon River (where the above photo was taken), Denver, NYC and Boston, I'll be moving to Buffalo, NY for the fall to be closer to family and to begin some of said projects. I can't divulge the details yet, but these will undoubtedly involve food, travel, language and education.

After that (because some of you are already asking!) -- well, 2012 is looking to be a big year already, and it's still months away.

If I've already met you, I thank you for the role you've played in this amazing journey and in my in yeon (a Korean idea that translates roughly to destiny, but means much more).

If I haven't met you yet -- I'm looking forward to it!

Chal kayo (go well),
Ryan


2 Comments:

Blogger Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Welcome back!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Ryan Rose said...

Thanks, Amber! Hope you and your family are well.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home